Up to 24-month Standard Warranty
UP shop offers up to 24 months warranty on its products1, providing customers with the confidence and peace-of-mind when shopping on our website.
1For the power adapter, WiFi dongle, and flash remote, we only offer the standard 6-months warranty.
1For cables, we only offer the standard 3-months warranty
The warranty period starts from the invoice date, and hence includes the shipping and return shipping time as well as the repair duration. The duration for such inspection and repair of a product can take up to four weeks.
For more details, please refer to the following terms and conditions of our warranty policy.
Terms and conditions
Upon receiving and accepting your payment, we will provide you with cover for your purchase(s) as stated in this warranty.
The UP shop warranty, once paid for, warrants the product to operate according to manufacturer's specifications for the period as stated above from the date of invoice.
What is included in the cover
- All warranty requests have to be made via opening a ticket.
- It is in your best interest to make a note of your product's item number and this should be quoted in any communication with UP shop.
- If the product is returned to UP shop, we will endeavor to ensure the safety of your product(s) while it is in our possession. However, whilst every effort will be made to return your product (and any images, files, software, or other media or accessory), UP shop cannot accept any liability, nor pay any compensation for the loss of a particular item. You should retain any accessory not required for the repair.
- UP shop warrants this product (excluding accessories, software, consumables such as, but not limited to, toner, ink sheets, paper and other consumables as defined by us) to be in good working order during the period of warranty. The warranty is subject to proof of purchase; therefore you should retain your payment receipt (PayPal receipt is valid for this purpose).
- We may choose to replace your product if the cost of repair is not economical. In the case of the product no longer being available, we may choose to replace it with a similar product of the same or greater value. These values are determined by what the values are at the time of replacement.
- For non-repairable products (excluding misused products) that are purchased within 12 months, UP shop may choose to compensate you by a certain percentage of the value of the unit price, with the consideration of time of use (12 months at maximum). The percentage value is fixed at 8% each month. For example, if the unit price of your non-repairable product is €1000, and you have used it for 2 months, the compensation will be €846.4. However, such compensation will be issued in the form of UP shop credit only.
- You must obtain an authorization for repair from us first. The choice of repair is subject to UP shop, and we may choose to specify a particular service center.
- You must inform the service center in writing if you change your address while your product is being repaired.
- You will be responsible for the shipping cost to return the product and UP shop will bear the return shipping cost if the fault of the product is covered by warranty
- You will be responsible for the cost of having the product returned to you if the fault of the product is not covered by this warranty.
- You will be responsible for the cost of inspections and diagnostic if the fault of the product is not covered by this warranty.
- You will be responsible for the cost of repair if the fault of the product is not covered by this warranty.
- UP shop’s only obligation under this warranty is the provision of the service as set out above.
- You should take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your assets and property (including all software and data) and to minimize potential loss or disruption, including, where appropriate, making full backups of all your software and data and implementing virus-check controls.
- The warranty is not transferable to a third party.
General exclusions (what's NOT covered)
- - Damage caused by impact, shock, fall, sand, dust, dirt, dampness, leaking batteries, fire, theft, attempted theft, vandalism, acts of war or terrorism, corrosion, water contamination or ingress, frost, flooding, winds, earthquakes, lightning or other adverse weather conditions
- Any accidental or malicious damage
- Any damage due to exposure to moisture, dampness or extreme thermal environmental conditions
- Improper usage, storage or handling of the product
- Any damage due to operating with incorrect or irregular voltage supply
- Any breach of the terms and conditions of this warranty or the contract terms
- Failure to follow our written instructions for the product, or those of the manufacturer’s
- Damage or defect due to willful neglect or negligence by anyone other than us
- Loss of quality, degradation of performance or actual damage that results from the use of spare parts or other replaceable items (such as consumables) that are neither made nor recommended by the manufacturer
- Modification to the product and/or software, by someone other than our representatives
- The product serial has been removed or made illegible
- Connection of other fittings, accessories, equipment or software to the product that were not approved by us
- External causes out of our control, which may include accidents, fire disasters or burglaries
- Repair or cleaning by unauthorized personnel
- Any malfunctions or specific requirements of any other item of hardware or software that you added to the product, which was not included in the contract
- Correction of errors for any non-UP shop or original manufacturer proprietary software
- Loss or damage of data
- Attaching the product to a network not approved by us, or if you have made changes to your operating or network system
- Not installing any error correction that is issued for the software
- Use for which the product is not designed
- Damaged Display on Screen (LCD) due to improper usage
- Non-Manufacturer defect on Lenses
- Liquid damage
- Damage due to improper packing during shipment to the service center or service agent
Period out of UP SHOP 24 month Standard Warranty
If you choose to return an item outside the warranty period to UP shop for any inspection or repair, you will be liable for the full return postage fee, inspection fee and the repair fee, or any other related charges that incurred.